MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Rising from below the ground.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Bruzek
Rising from below the ground.
on Jan 29, 2018 at 9:30:18 pm

Been searching the web for a while, and haven't found much help. I want to make a scene with text that rises from below the ground, and disturbs the dirt above. Im thinking like a zombie from a grave. I have figured out how to make some dirt particles using a cloner like in my file. I am wondering if there is a simpler way to go about doing this?

12107_sample1.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Rising from below the ground.
on Jan 30, 2018 at 3:20:06 am

in 3D terms that's a very easy way, typically you'd want to make it more complex (chunks of the ground break up and out, particles for dust etc, etc) but that's not necessary, your way is simple and direct. What kind of effect are you going for?

Return to posts index

Nick Bruzek
on Jan 30, 2018 at 2:25:52 pm

What I'm actually trying to do is raise the word "earth" from the ground as if it were being pulled up from underground. im not sure how to go about it though. I know I want large chunks of dirt, (I'm thinking trausi) and dust/dirt particles, but I'm not sure what I'd use for the dust

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Jan 30, 2018 at 3:18:58 pm
Last Edited By Jim Scott on Jan 30, 2018 at 3:21:14 pm

Since you are familiar with Thrausi, you might want to look into NitroBlast 2 since it can add dust. Here's a quick example:

Other possibilities for dust are X-Particles or Thinking Particles.

Return to posts index

Nick Bruzek
on Jan 30, 2018 at 3:22:22 pm

Cool, that actually looks exactly like what I'm looking for! I'll have to look into that, thanks!

Return to posts index

Nick Bruzek
on Jan 30, 2018 at 4:24:29 pm

Cool, that actually looks exactly like what I'm looking for! I'll have to look into that, thanks!

Edit: looking around, there doesnt seem to be a lot in the way of nitroblast 2 tutorials, do you know of any off hand?

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Jan 30, 2018 at 4:34:31 pm

Here's some tutorials:

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
More tutorials
on Jan 30, 2018 at 7:20:26 pm

Pixel Lab is a great source for tutorials. Here's their tutorials page. Scroll down to find several for NitroBlast and many other free and paid plugins:

https://www.thepixellab.net/tutorials

Return to posts index

Justin Thomson
on Jan 30, 2018 at 5:50:24 pm

I feel like this can be achieved without any plugins. Animate some landscape objects and add some large dirt objects.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Jan 30, 2018 at 6:53:46 pm

[Justin Thomson] "I feel like this can be achieved without any plugins. Animate some landscape objects and add some large dirt objects."

Yes, it certainly can. And if you have R18 or later, the Voronoi Fracture can do all that Thrausi or NitroBlast can offer, but without the dust.

Return to posts index

Nick Bruzek
on Jan 31, 2018 at 4:15:24 pm

Yes, I really like this! How did you get the different sizes and shapes? And the ground was a nice touch

Return to posts index

Justin Thomson
on Feb 1, 2018 at 3:38:11 pm

Create some landscape objects and animate them to simulate the dirt being pushed. The large dirt objects were simply modeled and a Dynamic Tag added. Depending on the scale your trying to portray, i'm not even sure you would need "dust".

Return to posts index

Nick Bruzek
on Feb 2, 2018 at 1:02:48 am

I have figured it out for the most part, by as you can see from my file, the reactions are too extreme, the stones look like they are being exploded, but I just want it to roll off the sides. Have I set something wrong?

12116_sample1.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Justin Thomson
on Feb 2, 2018 at 2:32:46 am

You are almost there, just spend some more time with the collision and mass settings.

Return to posts index

Nick Bruzek
on Feb 2, 2018 at 4:05:10 am

I've messed with the collision settings, and it still acts like it's not working right

Return to posts index

Justin Thomson
on Feb 2, 2018 at 3:59:20 pm

You'll want the larger object to be heavier, try adjusting the mass.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]