MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Depth of Field cuts off

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Stefan
Depth of Field cuts off
on Jan 21, 2018 at 2:08:17 am

Sorry, I'm new to custom depth of field settings. When I render my scene, the depth of field kinda just ends off. Help me!

https://i.imgur.com/NYbll8g.png

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Depth of Field cuts off
on Jan 21, 2018 at 3:45:00 pm

there's DOF on the left but none on the right. I've never seen that and didn't know it was possible. Since DOF depends greatly on the renderer you are using etc it would help a lot to see the scenefile

Return to posts index

Tyler Stefan
on Jan 21, 2018 at 3:52:45 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/file/q267c34yaztca8n/project.rar my project file

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jan 21, 2018 at 4:41:31 pm

I'm not able to open the file, but I suspect you may be using the standard renderer and have an alpha-mapped texture where the dof vanishes? If so that's a limitation of the standard render dof effect. It doesn't work through transparencies. Workaround would be to use the physical renderer.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Jan 21, 2018 at 3:55:48 pm
Last Edited By Jim Scott on Jan 21, 2018 at 3:57:57 pm

In your posted image the sudden focus change of the background objects appears to be occurring laterally, rather than by distance, which would mean that it is an issue with something other than depth of field. If it was a matter of DOF the clouds would all be equally out of focus, but the ones on the right are sharper than those on the left. The same goes for the buildings/blocks.

Could you post your project file, or a simplified version of it that gives the same result?

Edit: I didn't see the previous responses until I posted mine.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Jan 21, 2018 at 4:46:23 pm

In reference to Adam's response, the Teleport object is interfering with the render.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]