MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Having an issue with a logo that's extruding without caps...

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russell Arch
Having an issue with a logo that's extruding without caps...
on Jan 6, 2018 at 10:40:36 am

If anyone can help, it'd be greatly appreciated. I'm dealing with a illustrator text logo that was made by a company and forwarded to me. When I save it as an Illustrator 8 file and bring it into Cinema 4D... it extrudes without "caps" on the front and back.

I've never had this issue before when typing text in myself, or creating a shape in illustrator... but I'm not sure how this was created to begin with. I've attached a screenshot of the issue.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Having an issue with a logo that's extruding without caps...
on Jan 6, 2018 at 4:06:31 pm

Extrudes have to have a closed spline for the caps to work, is the spline checked as Closed?

Return to posts index

Russell Arch
on Jan 6, 2018 at 7:16:10 pm

First off, thanks for the reply.

Here's the result I get when I click "close spline" in C4D, which is what makes me question the settings in the illustrator file. When clicked, it doesn't just "cap" these outlines, but rather covers many of the holes in the letters and other areas too. I've included a screenshot with the current state of things.

Return to posts index

Russell Arch
on Jan 6, 2018 at 8:42:17 pm

Okay, so I've been watching some tutorials on cleaning up vectors and exporting from Illustrator and have eliminated much of the random issues with the splines/capping. The one that lingers though is the "holes" in letters like "a", "e" and so on are filled in. Is this something I should be able to delete in Illustrator?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jan 7, 2018 at 1:06:00 am

Splines that need holes have two parts (the outer “a” and it’s hole) for c4d to do that properly you have to have both those segments in a single spline, use the Connect command to get both splines in one and extrude that i

Return to posts index

Russell Arch
on Jan 7, 2018 at 2:16:27 am

Thanks! Something was happening when I was combining all the letters together in C4D. However, if I dropped an "Extrude Nurbs" on each, individual letter, everything worked fine.

Thanks again for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]