MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Bezier handles

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Gordy
Bezier handles
on Jan 5, 2018 at 4:55:03 am

Just getting into C4D...when building a spline, how do I manipulate the points' handles? Can't seem to select them and adjust them. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Bezier handles
on Jan 5, 2018 at 6:38:08 am

what version of C4D? Pen Tool if it's there or Move tool in Points mode if it's not, I think.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Jan 5, 2018 at 8:06:24 am

I'm not trying to just blow off your question, but as you are new to C4D the best tip I can offer is to get familiar with the built-in help system. To access it right click (or select it and enter the keyboard shortcut CMD + F1) on just about any icon/property/command in the interface and select "Show Help." The Help window will open up with a description of the selected tool or property. Unfortunately, the help system is somewhat inconsistent in that some entries will be very detailed and helpful while others will not be, but the entry for the Spline Pen is one of the former and should answer your question. As Brian mentioned, the tools and their capabilities may vary with C4D versions, but the help system will be current to your installed system and will often reference the changes between versions.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Jan 5, 2018 at 3:34:48 pm

If you have R17 or newer here's a couple of handy tutorials covering the new spline tools:

Return to posts index

David Gordy
on Jan 5, 2018 at 9:40:56 pm

Thanks Jim and Brian for the responses, and even more so, pointing me to additional resources. I just joined this community and this was my first post - as you can tell, I have a lot to learn. I have been using Maya for a couple of years now and maneuvering around in a new application is taking some time getting used to.

Can't wait to keep at it in Cinema 4D and use that help feature you mentioned. BTW, I have version R19 and it rocks!

Pleasure to meet you guys and will look forward to also one day contributing to the forum.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Dan Noakes
on Jul 19, 2019 at 10:55:48 pm

Solution: Activate the pen tool, activate point mode, and then double click on the spline point to reveal the bezier curves.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]