MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Material acting.... straange

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawn Turner
Material acting.... straange
on Dec 21, 2017 at 9:02:34 pm

Hey folks,

Relatively new to the game of C4D. I've done renders in the past, no real issues - somewhat decent at figuring things on my own, however this one is a stumper.

I have a material that I have been using on multiple objects in various different files. Never has an issue. However, recently a client sent me a high res OBJ to import and when i did, my material shows as hundreds of small squares.

I have yet to encounter this anywhere else, and my googling on this topic came up empty numerous ways.

Anyone have an idea?

AA.jpg

Thanks
Shawn

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Material acting.... straange
on Dec 21, 2017 at 10:51:27 pm

It's probably a UV mapping issue. Try setting the projection to cubic in the texture tag and see how it looks.

Return to posts index

Shawn Turner
Re: Material acting.... straange
on Dec 22, 2017 at 4:04:15 pm

Hey Adam,

Thanks for the reply..

Oddly enough, that was what i ended up doing (albeit I used Frontal as opposed to cubic) and it garnished a similar result. Cubic worked better, so thank you for that.
Based on that information, the material has to be altered after it's been applied to an object, correct? I changed the projection in the material after it had been placed on the object, Is there another place I can change that setting that would apply it to that texture across the board?

Thanks again!
Shawn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]