MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Realflow: liquid splashing around sphere

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miamo Kotallebi
Realflow: liquid splashing around sphere
on Sep 12, 2017 at 10:22:06 pm

Hi! I am working with real flow and want to make something that looks like this:

https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-28393105-stock-footage-black-paint-...

I need it to last quite a long time. Any ideas how to do this. I am having a real hard time making it look decent. Any tips? I have R16 and I am using the Realflow C4D plugin

Thanks in Advance!

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Realflow: liquid splashing around sphere
on Sep 13, 2017 at 9:25:59 pm

What does yours look like now? Because that example looks pretty straightforward (By realflow standards I mean). The hard parts with oils and paints is to get the tendrils. There's almost none there. It's a somewhat low res emitter, a collider, an atractor and a turbulence field.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Miamo Kotallebi
on Sep 27, 2017 at 4:03:26 am

Thank you! sorry about this delayed reply. My main problem is that I need it swirling/splashing around to last for 10 minutes. I attractors orbiting an inner sphere ( which is the collider object with a attractor in the middle of it (fall off set to infinite). What I end up with is a pretty lame looking thing....very repetitive..not quite the same. also when I render it out, it is a bit choppy. Some frame seem to repeat themselves or the mesh doesn't change for a 3-4 frames. Thank you so much. Getting a bit desperate as I am holding up others who need to finish the project!!!!! any tips would be welcome!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvp00l9k6jbr1kh/hell.mp4?dl=0

Return to posts index

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Sep 27, 2017 at 7:37:19 am

Which version of real flow do you have? There is a sheeting algorithm in the newer versions that makes all the difference in the look of things especially where it clings to smooth things.
As for length, I think it might take quite a while (think days) to run the mesh in RF for that length of time. As the frames increase there is more history to consider when calculating the particles so it tends to get slower as it goes. Normally you can engage a loop function but that tends to be for a fountain type arrangement where there is a constant stream of new particles being generated and old ones exiting the build zone, but in your case I think you want to generate a block of particles and then turn the emitter off.
I think you are going to have drag the attractor (or a few of them) around over time to keep the flow going. The most important factor will probably be the friction setting between liquid and sphere, too high and the liquid would rather grind to a halt. Keeping the liquid moving is also good for the illusion: as the particles settle they can wiggle as they try and find their lowest energy - you won't see this if you keep it dynamic. There used to be "use geometry" instead of center of mass for gravity or attraction. I haven't used that feature in a while so I'm not sure if that is still part of the package, but if it is you could use hollow arcs bigger and beyond your sphere to attract the liquid.

Another approach would be increase the friction and surface tension and then rotate the sphere in short quick bursts - the liquid will "stick" and get flung around and then flow each time the sphere stops.

Return to posts index

Miamo Kotallebi
on Sep 20, 2017 at 8:18:10 am

Thank you! sorry about this delayed reply. My main problem is that I need it swirling/splashing around to last for 10 minutes. I attractors orbiting an inner sphere ( which is the collider object with a attractor in the middle of it (fall off set to infinite). What I end up with is a pretty lame looking thing....very repetitive..not quite the same. also when I render it out, it is a bit choppy. Some frame seem to repeat themselves or the mesh doesn't change for a 3-4 frames. Thank you so much. Getting a bit desperate as I am holding up others who need to finish the project!!!!! any tips would be welcome!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvp00l9k6jbr1kh/hell.mp4?dl=0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]