MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Changing the Plain Effector falloff to give it more of an overshoot effect

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Green
Changing the Plain Effector falloff to give it more of an overshoot effect
on Sep 12, 2017 at 12:55:11 pm

I'm looking for a post that can help and wondered if this is the place.

I'm scaling up some spheres in a cloner attached to the surface of a larger sphere. But instead of the scaling to be linear from 0% to 100% I'd like the falloff to have more of an 'overshoot' effect so each sphere goes say 0% to 100% then 75% at the end.

I thought I might be able to do this by adding a spline curve but it doesn't seem to be giving me the effect I want as the spheres don;t all start at 0% scale.

Can anyone help please?

Motion Videos UK - We are creative video designers who bring pleasure, meaning and beauty to our small world through film, motion graphics and animation.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Changing the Plain Effector falloff to give it more of an overshoot effect
on Sep 12, 2017 at 3:44:00 pm

Without seeing the whole project I'm just guessing at how you set it up, but I think that you just need to drag the initial spline value down to zero.

Here's one way to set up what I think you're trying to do:

11677_overshoot.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Scott Green
on Sep 13, 2017 at 12:58:24 pm

I think I see where I was going wrong now.

You had your sphere start at 0.01cm radius and used the Plain effector to scale it up 500%.
I did the opposite and had my sphere start at 2cm with the Plain Effector scaling it down -100% which probably why I wasn't getting my falloff working the way that I wanted it to.

Here's a file if it's worth seeing.
11682_scalefalloff.c4d.zip

Many thanks for the response Jim, you've been a big help :)

Motion Videos UK - We are creative video designers who bring pleasure, meaning and beauty to our small world through film, motion graphics and animation.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Sep 13, 2017 at 4:00:54 pm

Yes, I kind of cheated by starting very small, but it was the only way I could get the overshoot you were looking for. A C4D expert, which I'm not, could probably come up with a better way. I'm glad it helped.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]