MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Molecule grid

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ari Grunzeweig
Molecule grid
on Aug 11, 2017 at 7:56:38 pm

Hi,

Can anyone guide me on how to recreate some like in the attached screenshot.
I imagine there is a solution within the cloner object, but I'm having lots of trouble figuring it out.

Thanks!!

Thanks,
Ari

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Molecule grid
on Aug 12, 2017 at 3:58:06 pm

it's hard to see with only the one view, you can get semi close with a Grid Array 5x5x5 with a sphere and a null as children of the cloner (set it Iterate, the default)

Cloner
---Sphere
---Null

but that's only semi-close, it probably needs a combo of cloners

Return to posts index

Ari Grunzeweig
on Aug 12, 2017 at 8:33:50 pm

Hi and thanks. That does indeed get pretty close.
Then I'm trying to use the MoGraph > Tracer to connect the spheres, but it connects in a bizarre pattern.

Is there a way to connect all spheres between them?

Thanks,
Ari

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Aug 13, 2017 at 7:09:45 pm

you'd need a tracer with a distance parameter - there have been a couple in the past but none that I have now (don't know if that's because they stopped working due to version changes or if I just haven't needed one and haven't kept up) and given the construction I don't know if the distance method would work either. I played with it for a bit and I think this is it, maybe fewer cloners are possible... 11596_moleculegridtrial.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Ari Grunzeweig
on Aug 13, 2017 at 7:32:14 pm

Wow! This is amazing! Thank you!

Thanks,
Ari

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Aug 14, 2017 at 4:03:06 am

You could also just make a spline the shape you want one layer to be with points on the spline where each sphere goes. Put that spline (or splines) in a cloner and have it generate all the layers - then collapse that cloner with make polygonal. Then use the atom array on the resutling objects and just make the spheres bigger than the tubes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]