MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cloned Lights on spline

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Syed IqbalCloned Lights on spline
by on Oct 16, 2016 at 9:32:36 am

Hi folks,

I want a bunch of cloned lights to follow a spline path. When I am doing this, I guess I am making some mistake in Cloner settings or somewhere else.

Align to Spline is applied on Cloner itself. In my case count of clone was 3 but all the 3 lights are following the spline path at the same time. Note that position settings in Cloner under object tab are all set to zero because otherwise cloned lights except the first cloned light detach themselves from the spline path. Whereas I want to have some time difference in their animation of Align to spline path. Tried delay effector which has not worked for me.

One way would be to have 3 splines with 3 separate lights without using a Cloner, but I hope we can resolve the above issue in Cloner setting also.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards
Syed

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Cloned Lights on spline
by on Oct 16, 2016 at 2:31:43 pm

I wouldn't use the align to spline tag at all. Instead, use the start/end and offset parameters in the Cloner object to move the lights along the spline.

Return to posts index

Syed IqbalRe: Cloned Lights on spline
by on Oct 16, 2016 at 2:52:52 pm

Hi Adam,

Thanks for giving your suggestion. It seems I have not shared my issue correctly. I have a 3d model of building that I have converted to spline. The 3 lights I have cloned are required to travel on the spline with some time offset, not at the same time. To make them run on the spline I somehow needed this "Align to Spline", if there is other way around. I would be glad to hear from you.

When I created 3 instances of light using Cloner and instructed Cloner to follow this spline, all 3 lights are moving simultaneously, not with some time gap as intended. I used delay effector, but I must have made some mistake in the workflow.

Note that my intention is to export the 3d data into After Effects where I will use Optical Flare to be guided by the positioning of these lights.

Below is my C4d file for you to look at.

<a href="http://f1.creativecow.net/10686/file-i-am-working-on">10686_buildingclonedlights2.c4d.zip</a>

Return to posts index

by on Oct 16, 2016 at 2:54:25 pm

oops I mistakenly added the code tags:

10686_buildingclonedlights2.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

by on Oct 16, 2016 at 3:51:28 pm

Hi Adam,

Thanks again. I think your suggestion not to use Align to Spline tag is much better. I have finally used Cloner's object method and put the spline as object in Cloner.

Offset and Start/End properties are also doing a great job. Is there any way I kinda bake these lights out of this clone so that the same can be exported to After Effects?

Thanks a lot Adam.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]