MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Layered animation assembled in after effects issue

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew WagstaffLayered animation assembled in after effects issue
by on Oct 11, 2016 at 11:19:30 pm

im having a issue with a composition im putting together a shot in Cinema 4D that has alot of charcters in, so ive done it in layers but take a look at the rendered video below and you'll see flickering and ghost images, ive checked the render of each layer both the image and the alpha layer frame by frame and there is nothing out of place and it only happens when the layers are in the same composition

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening and how i can fix it?

Ive posted this in the after effects section but was told to post it here even though the problem seems to be more with after effects than cinema 4D

Return to posts index

Jim ScottBad link
by on Oct 11, 2016 at 11:48:17 pm

That video link seems to be faulty. It says "No videos were found."

Return to posts index

Andrew WagstaffRe: Bad link
by on Oct 12, 2016 at 2:25:09 pm

Apology's i linked to the video in the video edit section here is the correct link

Return to posts index

Jim ScottGood link now
by on Oct 12, 2016 at 8:44:49 pm

Yep, you definitely have some issues with flickering and ghosting. Exactly what you wanted to hear, right? Someone else might, but I have no idea why you would be getting that. And I would tend to agree that if you have checked all your C4D renders, then it must be a compositing issue. Have you tried adding one layer at a time in AE and seeing when the issues begin? Have you done similar projects before that worked fine, and if so, did you change any render or compositing settings for this new project?

Without seeing the render files themselves, and unless they have run into similar issues before, it will probably be difficult for anyone to definitively diagnose the issue. I don't do a lot of compositing myself, so if no one else chimes in here perhaps you should try the AE forum again with the good video link.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Andrew WagstaffRe: Good link now
by on Oct 12, 2016 at 8:52:03 pm

I have done similar projects to this only on a smaller scale i always render them as picture sequences then assemble them in quick time, i identified that the problem is coming from the three layers that have alpha mattes and rendered one as a video instead of a image sequence and that cleared things up im now rendering the others as videos to see if that solves the problem in the entire project

Thank you for replying

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved