MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Dynamic Representation of a Change in Sprite / Particle Angle Driven by Camera Coordinates

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hayden Martin
Dynamic Representation of a Change in Sprite / Particle Angle Driven by Camera Coordinates
on Oct 5, 2016 at 11:58:24 am
Last Edited By Hayden Martin on Oct 5, 2016 at 11:59:14 am

Hey

I'm looking to populate a scene with flowers but I can't handle the polycount. I had one idea which was to create multiple rotations of each flower in the exact same light setup including alpha, then use a MoGraph MultiShader on a cloner with a Target Effector set to camera followed by a Random Effector - this way they all face the camera and are randomised, a lot like foliage sprites used in video game engines...

The problem I'm having is that all the flowers need to be rendered from the exact same angle as the camera, so I can't implement this technique for animation, and I need to re-render all the flower variations if I change angle or light setup....

I'm wondering if there is a way for me to use the Quicktime VR render codec or something similar to assign XYZ coordinates to the flower sprites so the changes in the master camera angle is directly reflected in the sprites in realtime.

I thought that this may be possible using Xrefs?

I can imagine this being a great thing to crack considering the massive reduction in polycount. In combination with R18's Parralax Bump Mapping, there could be some awesome effects generated!!!

Thanks so much for your time.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Hayden

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]