MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Beginner's Camera Issue – unwanted perspective and view angle changes.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gates BradleyBeginner's Camera Issue – unwanted perspective and view angle changes.
by on Sep 29, 2016 at 5:58:18 pm

I know this is some beginner stuff, but it's driving me totally bonkers:

I'm trying to do a very basic animation, but whenever I go into my 4-perspective view (what by default is, I believe, perspective, front, right, and top), everything gets weird, and i have a hard time getting back to my normal camera view. What's more, I'm unable to map the 4 panels (for instance, I'll map one to TOP and it'll change all 4 to top, or it won't change at all). I have my camera selected and activated (and each panel is set to my camera, not the default).

I have no idea how the app is doing what it's doing, but it's constantly making me have to re-place my camera. It's a nightmare. If someone could walk me through what's happening I would be so grateful.

Here's a video to illustrate. I try to highlight with the mouse what the issue is.

Cinema 4D camera problem from Craig Jameson on Vimeo.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Beginner's Camera Issue – unwanted perspective and view angle changes.
by on Sep 29, 2016 at 8:31:45 pm

It looks like you have all four views set to use your camera. Notice the white tick to the right of the camera in the object manager? That means the camera is active. When you're changing the view projection you're actually changing it in the camera, and since all four views are using the camera ... they're all changing together.

So instead of changing the projection (e.g., perspective, front, etc.), go into the camera menu, use camera, and switch it from the camera object to "Default Camera."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]