MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Problems with TurbulenceFD

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lorin crosbyProblems with TurbulenceFD
by on Sep 26, 2016 at 8:55:53 pm

Hi, I have been working on a smoke animation in C4d with TFD.

I have had nothing but problems with trying to render and even simulate, sometimes it will sometimes it wont.

I am using the density channel with a value of 5 and it is mapped to the container with the smoke shader.

Yesterday one project was working and today when I opened it with no changes it no longer renders.

Please help

Return to posts index

Jim ScottRe: Problems with TurbulenceFD
by on Sep 26, 2016 at 9:50:17 pm

Hi Lorin,

I would be glad to try your project if you want to post a project file. Have you tried contacting Jawset support? Whenever I have contacted them in the past they have been fairly quick to respond.

Return to posts index

lorin crosbyRe: Problems with TurbulenceFD
by on Sep 26, 2016 at 10:20:37 pm

THANK U for responding to me. I don't know anyone in the MD community.

I contacted them last week and they never got back to me.

I did reinstall it now and it appears to be working at the moment.

Do you mind if I contact you again here?
I will have other questions but need to prepare them.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Jim ScottRe: Problems with TurbulenceFD
by on Sep 26, 2016 at 11:42:58 pm
Last Edited By Jim Scott on Sep 26, 2016 at 11:48:10 pm

While I am certainly not a TurbulenceFD expert I would always be willing to look into any difficulties you may have, and hopefully others who use that plugin will chime in as well. Since I only use TurbulenceFD occasionally myself, I may not be able to provide quick answers to a list of questions, but I will be glad to investigate any issues you may have.

One thing that happened to me in the past was that TurbulenceFD would bring up a message that an update was available even though it only applied to a newer version of my OS (Mac). I unwittingly downloaded and installed the update which made TurbulenceFD unusable. It was only after contacting Jawset support that I learned that the update didn't apply to my OS and that I should download and install the previous version of the plugin. Just something to keep in mind - don't necessarily trust its update messages if you get them without first checking their web site to see if it is applicable to your OS because the automatic updater doesn't seem to check.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved