MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Trying to subdivide the front face of the letter "B"

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Kimber
Trying to subdivide the front face of the letter "B"
on Sep 21, 2016 at 9:19:35 pm

Hi,

I created some extruded text using Illustrator paths and an extrude nurb. Now, however, I want to pull out the center of the front of each letter. I've figured out work-arounds for most of the letters, but I cannot for the life of me get the B to work. All I really want is to subdivide the front of it. Obviously, if I try to take the easy route and just hit "Subdivide," it fills in the holes. If I try to use the knife tool, it creates extra shapes. I tried creating a spline and connecting it. Still no luck. The Bevel tool didn't work either. I'm sure there's some quick, easy fix that I'm not thining of, but I'm tearing my hair out with this at this point. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Sean

Return to posts index

Sean Kimber
Re: Trying to subdivide the front face of the letter "B"
on Sep 21, 2016 at 9:38:15 pm

Here's a link to the project file (it wouldn't let me post directly for some reason). It shows what I'm attempting to do. Thank you!

10604_novemberiscomingtry1.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Sep 22, 2016 at 12:37:36 am

Unfortunately there is no quick and easy way to model chiseled text in 3D, at least not that I know of. Here's a pretty good tutorial on how to do it:

Return to posts index

Sean Kimber
on Sep 22, 2016 at 10:27:11 pm

Darn, that stinks. I'm surprised it's so hard to do something that feels so simple. Thank you for the link, though!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]