MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Make Particles or Thinking Particles Collide with hair and Self Collide and Collide with another object

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Giovani HenriquesMake Particles or Thinking Particles Collide with hair and Self Collide and Collide with another object
by on Sep 14, 2016 at 8:11:51 pm

I searched for this all over the internet and I've been trying to do this for some months now, I need to do this in an very complicated scene, although I test everything in simpler files before doing stuff in there, the scene attatched is only one of the many "test scenes" involved in this project, I've been working on other stuff in this scene but now I can no longer leave this for later.

In this scene there's an basic emitter with particles already with geometry and an object with hair on it. I need the paticles to self collide and collide with the hair and also collide with the object which contains the hair (as you can see in the file, the first one and the last one are already done and fine), the problem is that when I put the hair collider tag in the emmiter, it really collides with the hair, but it calculates as if the particles are not colliding with themselves, you can see it for yourselves if you go into the emitter and turn off "show objects" option, the particles still go in the direction in which they should go if they were not colliding with themselves and you can also see that if you just delete that dynamics tag in the child of the emitter. Making the actual particles behave as if they were colliding with themselves I believe it would solve the problem. I tried everything in this particular setup, putting the hair tag and the rigid body tag in every possible order and way in the emitter and the child of the emitter, what I didn't try was Xpresso, as I am not very familiar with it, still new to Cinema 4D. I created some thinking particles using Xpresso though, in the hope that they would behave differently thant the common emitter, but I didn't know how to make them self collide and collide with the hair.

I don't care which method is used, even if needs Xpresso, I only want to get to this result that I want. I've considered rendering the particles as objects, but that is the last thing I wanna do as I lose total control over it overral and if I want to be able to manipulate it again later it will be a nightmare.
In the future, the particles will also need to collide with cloths, but that's for another time, right now just need to focus on this problem...

File: 10538_testing.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Make Particles or Thinking Particles Collide with hair and Self Collide and Collide with another object
by on Sep 15, 2016 at 1:02:59 am

in your example file set the Priority of the Hair object to Generators 401

From the Help Dynamics/Tips and Tricks: "Internally, the MoGraph Dynamics’ Priority is fixed to Generators/400. Normally, this is a value that you will not have to change. If, for example, Dynamics should affect other areas (e.g., HAIR) the priorities will have to be modified (i.e. those for HAIR):

If objects moved by Dynamics should in turn affect HAIR the Priority must be set to 401."

Return to posts index

Giovani HenriquesRe: Make Particles or Thinking Particles Collide with hair and Self Collide and Collide with another object
by on Sep 18, 2016 at 8:18:12 pm

You have no idea how you helped me, dude thank you so much! Just Worked :) Just in time to deliver the job. I really do hope that great things come to you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]