MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Creating this random shape

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ross Peart
Creating this random shape
on Sep 14, 2016 at 2:24:17 pm

I am a beginning when it comes to Cinema 4D and i am struggling to create something from scratch without the use of plugins. Can anyone walk me through how something like this sreenshot would have been made?

Thanks in advance

Ross

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Creating this random shape
on Sep 15, 2016 at 3:31:40 am

that might be xParticles (plugin) but the same sort of thing can be done with Particles or Thinking Particles (with wind/Turbulence to shoe the bunch) emitting spheres (maybe - that's not the only possibility) in a MetaBall generator. Can provide more detail later but look up the MetaBalls

Return to posts index

Ross Peart
on Sep 15, 2016 at 5:25:54 am

Thanks Brian, i will try that out, i will probably fail horribly though as it sounds a bit above my pay grade.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Sep 15, 2016 at 2:38:20 pm

look for MetaBall fluid tutorials - settings are very important in getting things to show so try a bunch and start small (small numbers of objects or spheres etc) to test what happens. It's pretty slow though so that much detail (like in the example picture) is likely going to be an exercise in patience. Looking at it again this morning the example you are looking at sure looks like XParticles skinner object on a bunch of XParticles in a fluid sim

Return to posts index

Michael Goldberg
on Sep 15, 2016 at 11:08:53 am

Hi Ross,
If you want to go the route of plug ins, I use a free plug in:

http://epmv.scripps.edu/download-install-free

excellent at creating molecular structures.

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]