MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Shooting Talent on a Turn Table to Simulate a Camera Traveling Around Him--Need that Turning Data to Rotate Scene

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Camin
Shooting Talent on a Turn Table to Simulate a Camera Traveling Around Him--Need that Turning Data to Rotate Scene
on Sep 10, 2016 at 9:14:30 pm

I'll try to explain this the best I can.
We are going to shoot in a studio, an model on a turn table, that we are going to rotate 360 degrees in front of a green screen. This will simulate a camera circling around the subject while oriented at the subject.  I want to match the exact (or close to it) the rate we are turning him and have a CGI background rotating at this rate to complete the illusion. Note: this turn table is not motorized and will be turned by an assistant.

My initial thoughts was to have a camera perched high up in the studio looking down at the turntable. We could have a rod sticking our from a point on the turntable like a clock hand. Then we could draw on the floor around the turntable, increments of 10 degrees to get 36 marks the rod will pass over. The head scratcher is how to get something to read that visual data and translate it into rotational keyframes.

First thought would be to bring the footage into after effects and create a simple line with an anchor point at the center of the turntable and try to match the rotational  position every could frames. Perhaps then create a camera and parent it's rotational property, and then import that camera into Cinema 4D.

Best regards,

Kevin Camin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]