MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Light + Built-in C4D MotionBlur - weird unwanted light trails

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Lazarev
Light + Built-in C4D MotionBlur - weird unwanted light trails
on Sep 8, 2016 at 9:33:41 am

Hello fellow c4ders!

I'm basically rendering what can be called a cgi clip of a good old game Counter-Strike. What i do is, i import the geometry with textures, camera data from the game, set my lighting and i set it to render with cinema's built-in motion blur on Low quality (to save time and i will add AE's PixelMB on top of it and it will make a perfectly fine motionblur), physical renderer, 1080p, jpg, 30fps; 0,033 shutter speed. Once in a while this happens:

Frame 1211:

Frame 1212

I'm not sure what causes it and how to fix it, I tried getting a medium and high MB quality, different shutter speeds. I am pretty sure i can fix those frames manually but that's a lot of hard work and it's a possibility they will stand out from the rest - one perfect sequence would be gold.

Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Light + Built-in C4D MotionBlur - weird unwanted light trails
on Sep 8, 2016 at 2:32:13 pm

Judging from the screen shots it looks like at least one of the camera keys if flipped, which can happen sometimes with mocap and similar data. If that's the case then the camera is spinning 360 deg in one frame, causing the incorrect blur.

There is a script on this page that would fix it if that's the problem: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=47&t=1138517&page=2&pp=15&high...

Return to posts index

George Lazarev
Re: Light + Built-in C4D MotionBlur - weird unwanted light trails
on Sep 8, 2016 at 3:35:29 pm

Thank you very much Adam! Very stupid of me, but i checked the forum only after i posted and i came across you helping the very same issue that was posted 2 years ago and the thread was bumped by some guy just two days ago, lol. Again, I really appreciate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]