MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Wobbling when animating a planet

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Hoffmann
Wobbling when animating a planet
on Sep 6, 2016 at 10:15:10 pm

Hello,
I'm a newbie to Maxon c4d. I'm animating the rotation of all the planets. Got all of them pretty good, except Saturn. It wobbles because I tilted the axis to get a better view of the rings. I can just select the y-axis, and scrub through the rotation fine, but when I try to set keyframes, the whole animation wobbles. Been playing with this for hours and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Is there a way to lock the x and z-axes? Other solution?
Thanks for the help!
Rich

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Wobbling when animating a planet
on Sep 7, 2016 at 12:02:35 am

Make whatever adjustments you'd like to the planet's orientation (H,P,B) in the Freeze Transformation section, and then keyframe the rotation about the Y-axis (H) in the upper Coordinates section.

Return to posts index

Rich Hoffmann
on Sep 7, 2016 at 2:57:55 pm

Jim- You're a lifesaver! I know that was a pretty basic fix, but sometimes that's the difference between several lost hours and many gray hairs. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. Best to you!
Rich

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Sep 7, 2016 at 4:02:18 pm

You're very welcome. I'm glad I was able to help.

A "pretty basic fix" is always in the eye of the beholder. It's only "basic" once you know it's there, and there's a lot inside C4D to become familiar with. Enjoy the journey.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]