MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How can I put an animated logo in my hand from C4D to AE?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack LongHow can I put an animated logo in my hand from C4D to AE?
by on Sep 6, 2016 at 4:19:26 pm

Originally posted this in the AE forum and got redirected to here.

Total newb with AE and C4D. I have some footage of me with a fist that opens to a palm facing the camera, then the palm pushes towards the camera. I would like to take a logo from c4d, have it expand from nothing out of my hand using c4d animation techniques, and then move it forward towards the camera from my palm.

I had first tried the using the 3d camera tracker but it can't find any points in my palm when the effect is set to 3d solved. All of the points are extremely huge and are showing much bigger than the screen. When I switch to 2d source in 3d camera tracker effects plugin, it is able to track the point in my palm, but I can't create a null to import into c4d. Switching the solve method or detailed analysis in the advanced settings didn't really help anything.

Is there any way to make this tracking point show up in my palm? I tried putting a bright piece of paper taped to my palm, but that didn't work. I read that 3d tracker doesn't really work on a human body. If this is the case, is there another method I could use to achieve this effect?

Thank you for taking the time to read through my problem!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved