MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How would I render an animation with a transparency mask with the mask actually being transparent if rendered and exported to After Effects?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zack Holdbrooks
How would I render an animation with a transparency mask with the mask actually being transparent if rendered and exported to After Effects?
on Sep 2, 2016 at 9:42:38 pm
Last Edited By Zack Holdbrooks on Sep 2, 2016 at 11:33:02 pm

So essentially, the issue here is that I created an animation for a project in which I used a rotating semicircle acting as a transparency mask to reveal the image beneath it. So it is fine and is exactly what I needed it to be, but I need to now render it in such a way into After Effects CC so that I can use the animation with a background without seeing the transparency mask. I tried the normal method of rendering the graphic with the Straight Alpha setting into a Quicktime PNG sequence as well as a normal Quicktime movie yet I could still see the mask in both instances in After Effects. Thought about simply keying out the black for the transparency in After Effects, but that doesn't seem very efficient...... Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm using Cinema 4D R17, also.

Return to posts index

Frank Feijen
Re: How would I render an animation with a transparency mask with the mask actually being transparent if rendered and exported to After Effects?
on Sep 5, 2016 at 6:49:01 am

Would assigning and rendering with an object buffer for the semicircle help?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: How would I render an animation with a transparency mask with the mask actually being transparent if rendered and exported to After Effects?
on Sep 5, 2016 at 4:15:36 pm

it might if you are really looking to knock out the C4D rendering to reveal another AE layer underneath

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Sep 5, 2016 at 2:13:13 pm

I would render out a multipass>material transparency layer which you could use as a luma mask in AE to knock out the background ... or disable to show the background. Should work fine as long as the semicircle's material is 100% transparent with no specular or reflection.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]