MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

trying to connect dynamic tassle to dynamic graduation cap

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Kimbertrying to connect dynamic tassle to dynamic graduation cap
by on Sep 1, 2016 at 8:29:10 pm

I'm having a really tough time figuring out how to connect a tassle to a graduation cap using dynamics. I'm using R17. I created a mesh around the graduation cap with a rigid body and connected it to the cap with a mesh deformer.  Then I created a spline with hair dynamics for the tassle that I connected to the cap with a hair constraint tag. So, I got the spline to work the way I'd like. The problem I'm having is getting the tassle to use the spline's movement. I've tried using joints that followed the spline, but they tended to not stay connected to the cap during the fall. I've tried a sweep nurb using PLAs per this tutorial ( The connect object didn't even register the points. I tried creating a cage with cubes around the tassle, but couldn't get it to connect with the object. I feel like this should be a simple thing to do but just can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
I couldn't shrink the file down enough to attach it to this post, but here's a dropbox link. Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved