MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How do I move an entire camera path?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lindsay PennHow do I move an entire camera path?
by on Aug 28, 2016 at 5:36:18 pm

Every time I import a camera into Cinema 4D, it naturally doesn't appear the exact area of the scene that I want it to. I thought in the past if I put the camera into a null object and then moved that null object, I could reposition it without changing the path, but that doesn't seem to be working. Every time I move the null object, it appears to be working, but when I go back to the beginning of the timeline to check the new path, it snaps right back to it's old position.

How do I reposition the entire camera path, not just reposition the camera?

Return to posts index

Lindsay PennRe: How do I move an entire camera path?
by on Aug 28, 2016 at 5:50:10 pm

I made a screen capture to illustrate the problem:

You'll notice at :17, after I scale the null object that contains my camera and my reference object, the camera suddenly jumps location.

This is related to a question I posted in the After Effects forum. Long story short, I'm trying to composite a live actor in a CG setting, and I can't figure out how to match scale between my CG setting and my live actor in After Effects. Cinema4D isn't allowing me to scale my "stand in" and my camera together so that my After Effects shot matches my Cinema 4D shot.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: How do I move an entire camera path?
by on Aug 29, 2016 at 4:05:52 am

You need to switch to animation mode (Tools>Modes>Animation). Once that's active you can move the camera and it's keys will follow, and you can scale the animation as well.

Return to posts index

Lindsay PennRe: How do I move an entire camera path?
by on Aug 29, 2016 at 5:03:45 am

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]