MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

After Effects animation on an object in C4D

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter StraussAfter Effects animation on an object in C4D
by on Aug 25, 2016 at 6:31:07 pm

Honestly, I don't even know how to ask this question properly so excuse the vague title.

I am trying to do something similar to this: - where the animations (I assume were made in AE) are ON the pages that flip made in C4D.

What I have is an After Effects animation with some write-on effects where the words scribble in and bleed into the "page". So that is 2D in AE. Now I have a series of pages that flip that I created in C4D. (I just started using C4D a week ago, hence my lack of understanding here). What I need to do is have the 2D animation from AE set onto the pages so it reacts normally when the pages flip. I figured that it would make sense to make this animation a texture for the plane object in C4D, however it is a video. So far I haven't had much luck that way. Pretty much everything I've read about C4D and AE is the workflow usually moves C4D > AE however I haven't been able to find many tutorials on AE animations being a part of a 3D scene created in C4D, rather they have all been about camera tracking etc. But maybe that is a solution too?

If anyone can point me towards relevant tutorials or give me some tips I'd appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Michael GoldbergRe: After Effects animation on an object in C4D
by on Aug 28, 2016 at 4:35:28 am

Hi Peter,
Yes, It should be pretty easy, I generally render out my 2D animation from AE as a quicktime movie (most people use a .tif, or .png sequence, I just prefer the .mov. your choice). Create a texture and put the .mov or sequence into the color channel (you can put it into the luminance channel if you don't want it effected by lights). In the animation tab, you can set your frame rate etc. I'm pretty sure that defaults to the frame rate of the movie. There are some other options in there for looping, frame range etc. You can mess around with that to your liking. For more interest, you could then render out some items in 3D as a separate layer to give the illusion things are jumping off of the page etc.

Good Luck,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved