MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Soft Body Objects Exploding/Growing on Collision

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Windsor
Soft Body Objects Exploding/Growing on Collision
on Aug 24, 2016 at 11:23:01 pm

So ai am doing and animation with falling plops of Jello and I have a bunch of them and want a lot of them but the problem I am having is that the pieces collide and when they do one of them starts to grow and quickly grows so large it messes with everything else. Is there a setting to keep this from happening.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Soft Body Objects Exploding/Growing on Collision
on Aug 25, 2016 at 5:17:17 pm

explosions are too much energy in the settings - or you are encountering unstable solutions
-- From the Help "The classic Soft Body variation with the 3 Spring types mentioned above tends to lose its initial overall shape because each object point’s Spring only "sees" its direct neighbor. The Stiffness values can be increased dramatically but this would result in the simulation becoming correspondingly unstable, which would in turn have to be compensated for by increasing the Steps per Frame value, resulting in higher memory requirements."

that's just one example talking about Shape Conservation and the help has a number of places where it talks about pushing a setting to far will result in unstable dynamics, so *maybe* increasing Steps Per Frame will help but not necessarily - it would depend on how it's set up and what settings you are using.

Return to posts index

Richard Windsor
Re: Soft Body Objects Exploding/Growing on Collision
on Aug 27, 2016 at 2:55:59 am

Thanks I will give that a try and see if it helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]