MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Mixamo Object brought into C4D

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony LengyelMixamo Object brought into C4D
by on Aug 24, 2016 at 8:52:39 pm

I cannot get the Mixamo objects which are .fbx files to come into as one or able to figure out to copy the mo-cap data to the model.

So let me try to explain the issue or the inability of me to figure out how to accomplish this task. I have two .fbx files one of the model in one pose and the other is the models spline with mo-cap data.

I was under the assumption that they both come complete when finishing a model (it's free for users) and it's pretty cool. Although I can't get it into C4D properly... I can get them BOTH into the same scene BUT I cannot figure out how to copy the spline data (mocap) from the spline model to the skinned one. They match perfectly so I am thinking I can just copy and paste something somewhere?

Hope that makes sense I am a C4D newb and have done everything but animation like this and want to dabble my toes in it.

Thank you and have a wonderful C4D day.

Return to posts index

Jim ScottRe: Mixamo Object brought into C4D
by on Aug 25, 2016 at 3:00:18 pm

You should be able to drag the fbx files into the view window in C4D to import them. And it sounds like you just may need to bind the joints to the skin of the models if they're not coming in that way. If you haven't seen these yet, watch these two tutorials from Greyscalegorilla and see if they don't answer your questions. If they don't, post again and I'll see if I can help you out further.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved