MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Creatring video boards, screens etc in C4D then exporting for composting in Ae. Quick question.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Lengyel
Creatring video boards, screens etc in C4D then exporting for composting in Ae. Quick question.
on Aug 20, 2016 at 4:59:28 pm

Here is what I am doing I am creating an animation of a video board, screen etc with C4D it has an intro and outro for example the roboarm brings the board down the video plays and then the arm raises as well as retracts. Kind of like that well here is my question:

My clips will be different lengths on average from 3 to 10 minutes long. I want to use the animation created in C4D but with different lengths of videos I can't predict frames or really don't want to render out one for EACH length there. I have used time remapping in Ae and it worked OK but is that my only option besides rendering a C4D scene for each length of video clip?

Hope that is clear enough.

Tony

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Creatring video boards, screens etc in C4D then exporting for composting in Ae. Quick question.
on Aug 20, 2016 at 8:44:46 pm
Last Edited By Jim Scott on Aug 20, 2016 at 8:46:59 pm

Since each different video plays at the point where the roboarm has brought the board down, all you need is one render from C4D where the roboarm comes down, stops, and then retracts. What is essentially the same as what you have done by time remapping, you could split the render into two parts and simply make a still image in AE of the frame where the arm has stopped that is as long as necessary for each video, and then composite your video into that still frame. When the video ends, the second half of the rendered movie plays to retract the arm. If the video board was moving while each video played you would have to render each one out from C4D, but in your case (unless I misunderstood) you are essentially playing the video inside a still image. Other than that, I don't see any other way of avoiding rendering each scene in C4D, but it's really unnecessary.

Return to posts index

Tony Lengyel
Re: Creatring video boards, screens etc in C4D then exporting for composting in Ae. Quick question.
on Aug 20, 2016 at 10:22:26 pm

Excellent answers as always Jim... appreciate your time sir. I will let you know how it goes...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]