MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Step effector with fracture object and vector paths

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve RenardStep effector with fracture object and vector paths
by on Aug 18, 2016 at 1:46:47 pm

Greetings all - apologies if this is a newbie question but this one has me really confused. I brought piece of vector art into C4D as a .ai file (version 8), dropped those paths into an Extrude, then dropped the Extrude into a Fracture object so that I could use a step effector to have all the elements fall into place sequentially. However, it seems that no matter what I do, some of the elements end up out of order for the step effector as in this image:

Here's the general setup of my project:

I have the extrude objects set to "hierarchical", otherwise the paths in each null object aren't recognized. Would that do something weird to the order? If I change the order of the paths, it seems to change how each letter is affected by the effector, but there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it.

Any thoughts or suggestions are most welcome. Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Step effector with fracture object and vector paths
by on Aug 18, 2016 at 2:50:02 pm

we're not seeing enough since we can't see if each letter is it's own spline or whole words but either way it's probably easier to use a Plain effector with a linear falloff instead and animate that through the text.

Return to posts index

Steve RenardRe: Step effector with fracture object and vector paths
by on Aug 18, 2016 at 3:01:44 pm

That seems to work, along with pulling the various elements apart into their own extrude objects. Thanks!

------------
Steve Renard
647-406-7991
steve@steverenard.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]