MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Stick texture + Camera mapping results in distorted textures, only when rendered

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shiu Ka HengStick texture + Camera mapping results in distorted textures, only when rendered
by on Aug 8, 2016 at 4:16:38 am

I'm working on this scene where I camera mapped textures to a low poly model, behaves fine when in previews, but when I render it it simply distorts it.
As seen here and project files are here.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Stick texture + Camera mapping results in distorted textures, only when rendered
by on Aug 8, 2016 at 3:53:44 pm

Seems that the stick texture tag is incompatible with camera mapping. Why do you need the stick texture tags?

Return to posts index

Shiu Ka HengRe: Stick texture + Camera mapping results in distorted textures, only when rendered
by on Aug 8, 2016 at 4:50:38 pm

I wanted to distorted the scene, so that's why.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Stick texture + Camera mapping results in distorted textures, only when rendered
by on Aug 8, 2016 at 4:37:31 pm

it's the construction of the tunnel. Select the floor polygon and right-click and choose Remove N-gons you will see the kink in the rendered image occurs where the now visible triangle crosses the floor. The floor is one polygon and it needs to be redone and it should end up as quad polys. Delete the floor and put it back in with the Polygon Pen. The door on the left will be a problem too after fixing the floor as it is triangulated.

Return to posts index

Shiu Ka HengRe: Stick texture + Camera mapping results in distorted textures, only when rendered
by on Aug 9, 2016 at 11:26:32 am

Ok, apparently I didn't know what you meant by quad polys? I tried to remove the triangles and use the polygon pen to draw quadrilaterals. I simply got distorted around the NEW vertices... and then I removed the floor again, and this time added a separate plane, but... its still distorted.. When I did remove N-gons it once again shown vertices that followed the distortion... Help?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Stick texture + Camera mapping results in distorted textures, only when rendered
by on Aug 10, 2016 at 5:29:54 pm

you have to make sure you are getting the surface normals to all point the same direction as well. Here is a quick fix (it's not perfect but it's better) hopefully it will show you sort of the way to go.

10402_mtrmapping2.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]