MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Breaking a dynamic chainlink!

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Embla FlatlandsmoBreaking a dynamic chainlink!
by on Jul 21, 2016 at 7:48:37 pm

The other day I was trying to figure out how to break apart a single chainlink in a row of chainlinks. Think of it as though the chain is carrying too much weight, and the weakest link is the one to break. In my project I've got gravity set to zero because I need it to kind of be floating weightlessly. I don't need to actually animate the weakest link in the row breaking, I just need the link in two parts.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to do this? I'm a total newbie in Cinema 4D so I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain it to me in simple terms! Below I've attached a DL link to my project file.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Breaking a dynamic chainlink!
by on Jul 22, 2016 at 6:21:16 pm
Last Edited By Adam Trachtenberg on Jul 22, 2016 at 6:23:38 pm

If you want the link to break into pieces the way to do it is to model the pieces the begin with and hold them together with a Simulation>Dynamics>Connector object or objects. The Connector Object allows you to specify the degree of force and/or torque required to break the connection.

Here's a very basic example:

If you want the link to actually deform it gets trickier and you'll have to use the soft body dynamics settings.

Return to posts index

Embla FlatlandsmoRe: Breaking a dynamic chainlink!
by on Jul 22, 2016 at 11:12:07 pm

I see! Thank you very much, Mr. Trachtenberg, for the insightful yet simple explanation! Much appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved