MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4D Team Render / Shader Effector Problem

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter clarenzC4D Team Render / Shader Effector Problem
by on Jul 20, 2016 at 10:41:52 am

Hello I hope someone can help me with this

I am working on a windows pc (win 10) and wanted to use the other imacs and old mac pros (el capitan) in the office to help with the render.

Team Render works , the macs are verified and are rendering correctly when it is a project without the use of displacement maps.
But when I try to render a project were I use the Shader Effector with a displacement map the other render machines render a frame without the map, it just doesn't use it, while the local machine renders everything correctly.

seems to me that it's not passing on the required files and I don't know why
the macs can save the non correct frames on the local machine without a problem
I tried putting the displacement map directly in to the c4d project file location
I tried putting everything on the server to rule out that it is a problem with read/write rights on the local machine

When I try opening it on one of the macs it doesn't find the maps location , and I guess it has something to do with different ways of windows and mac naming the location where it's at
asset not found - system cannot find path specified

a bit strange because the macs don't have a problem finding the location where they should save the rendered frames.

many thanks to the one who can help me or point me in the right direction of solving this problem

Peter

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: C4D Team Render / Shader Effector Problem
by on Jul 20, 2016 at 5:10:15 pm

What kind of file is the displacement map, e.g., 32 bit, .tiff, .psd, .png?

Return to posts index

peter clarenzRe: C4D Team Render / Shader Effector Problem
by on Jul 20, 2016 at 5:14:26 pm

It's a tiff sequence

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: C4D Team Render / Shader Effector Problem
by on Jul 20, 2016 at 6:36:37 pm

Hmm, I was thinking you might not have the necessary codecs on the other machines but that's not likely. If the files are really large I could imagine that it might be a network bandwidth issue but I don't have a solution. Maybe try Maxon tech support.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: C4D Team Render / Shader Effector Problem
by on Jul 20, 2016 at 7:52:18 pm

maybe try turning off 'Clients Get Assets on Demand' (so assets are distributed at the start - needs enough memory) and 'Peer-To-Peer Asset Distribution' (so all the assets come from the server/originating machine) but that's just a guess

Return to posts index

peter clarenzRe: C4D Team Render / Shader Effector Problem
by on Jul 21, 2016 at 10:25:39 am

thx guys for your help but I found the mistake I made

I used absolute paths and those don't work (which again I think is strange because the macs do find the location pc where they should save the file without problems)

so to fix this you have to have a "tex" folder at your cinema 4d project location and use relative paths
and then it just works fine

Pete

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]