MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

rounded edges - how to model?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maja Regularounded edges - how to model?
by on Jul 19, 2016 at 9:50:06 pm

Hi there,

I'm modeling an icosahedron (it's something like this: https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwudziestoƛcian_foremny )

but I would like it to have just borders, like here:
10317_zrzutekranu20160719o23.39.04.png.zip
(I don't know how to upload files here..)

with rounded verticles, corner points. Is it possible?

Return to posts index

Jim ScottRe: rounded edges - how to model?
by on Jul 20, 2016 at 1:30:47 am
Last Edited By Jim Scott on Jul 20, 2016 at 1:40:53 am

You can make your object (platonic for example) a child of an Atom Array, which will give you something like this after adjusting the Array's cylinder and sphere radii:

To upload files, click on the camera or floppy disk icons above the Message text box.

Return to posts index

Maja RegulaRe: rounded edges - how to model?
by on Jul 20, 2016 at 6:42:54 am

Thanks a lot Jim!

But the problem is I don't have atom array where it's supposed to be (I have C4D Lite together with Creative Cloud) I'm sending you a screenshot. How should I get it?

Return to posts index

by on Jul 20, 2016 at 2:50:10 pm

I'm not familiar with the differences between C4D Lite and the full version, but if Atom Array is not in that menu then you probably don't have it. You could try searching for it: Window>Customization>Customize Commands, and enter Atom Array in the Name Filter box, but I'm guessing that it's not included in C4D Lite.

Was my example the look you are going for? If so, here's a tutorial that covers three ways of getting the wireframe look. The first two show how to use the Atom Array and the Sketch and Toon renderer (which C4D Lite may not have as well), but the last one shows how to use the edge to spline command, and sweeping a shape along the created spline, to produce a wireframe. Hopefully that last technique is doable with C4D Lite.

http://lesterbanks.com/2014/11/3-quick-methods-rendering-wireframe-c4d/

Google "wireframe rendering in C4D," or something similar, and there will be plenty of other tutorials to check out. If the wireframe look is not what you're going for, but more like that image from your first post (very flat edges), I have some other ideas we could try, but it will obviously depend upon the capabilities of C4D Lite.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 20, 2016 at 3:36:12 pm

Or how about this:

If so, try this project file:

10320_platonicshelltest.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Maja RegulaRe: rounded edges - how to model?
by on Jul 20, 2016 at 4:56:51 pm

Wow, graet, thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

by on Jul 20, 2016 at 6:26:02 pm

You're very welcome. Let me know if you need any info on how to reproduce it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]