MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Hair Issues when rendering.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James HarfordHair Issues when rendering.
by on Jul 17, 2016 at 11:43:09 am

HI guys,

Again I look to the creative cow gurus for some advice.

I am animating a talking fly - wearing a suit, as you do (modelled by the awesome Kim Taylor). And I am experiencing some really strange behaviour when I come to render.

The scene is extremely heavy, so most of the animation work is done just viewing the joints rig. When I am happy with a animation/ poses, I render our a still to check everything is looking good etc. And every still render looks great. However, when I render the final animation the hair slowly starts to go crazy and stretch and grow out of control all over the screen. I think it may be down to it getting caught inside the hair collider I have linked to the cuffs of the suit? But the scene takes so long to render, I can't afford to render it again to find out. So hence I am coming to the gurus for some advice?

Many thanks in advance

Attached is a low res video clip of the problem.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Hair Issues when rendering.
by on Jul 18, 2016 at 11:40:46 pm
Last Edited By Brian Jones on Jul 19, 2016 at 12:09:32 am

perhaps you've fixed it already... I haven't seen anything quite like that but without seeing the scene file I'd look at the suit (anything with a hair collider tag and make sure all the normals are facing outward, bounce and friction are set to zero (well bounce for sure) in the collider tag to start

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved