MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to scale Normal in poly mode

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris CraigHow to scale Normal in poly mode
by on Jul 9, 2016 at 6:02:16 am

I have a model which i need to make some slight alterations to, which i would like to attempt myself rather than go back to the freelancer who i hired.

Basically, I have a small circular case with a zipper around the circumference of it. The zipper is attached by stitches above and below the teeth of the zipper. I need to make the stitches shorter in length and taller/thicker in height.

The stitches layer is a poly and as a beginner, i can't knowingly edit it. I have selected all the stitches and tried the Normal Scale tool, but whilst this scales each stitch individually, it scales them all proportionally (x and y together) and consequently, it is then reducing the diameter.

Does anybody know how this beginner can easily scale down the length and scale up the height of this layer?

Thanks a lot

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: How to scale Normal in poly mode
by on Jul 9, 2016 at 3:30:30 pm

Unfortunately the Normal Scale/Move tools don't offer the option of disabling individual axes. Technically I believe that's because polygon normals only describe a direction and not an orientation.

What I would do in this case is model one stitch the way you want it and put it in a mograph cloner set to radial mode. The you just have to adjust the cloner's position and radius.

Return to posts index

Chris CraigRe: How to scale Normal in poly mode
by on Jul 12, 2016 at 3:42:19 am

Thanks Adam. That's what I ended up doing.

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved