MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

MoGraph and Ae Exporting

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Lengyel
MoGraph and Ae Exporting
on Jul 5, 2016 at 10:41:21 pm

So I am working on a Cinema 4D project I want to export into Ae to do the magic required there. Here is my issue I have a Plasma TV that I have in a cloner because I want to put MoGraph effectors on and with the TV being Splines etc I dropped it into a MoGraph cloner to have the effectors work on it. I read that you can drop it into a cloner set it to one then use the effectors.

Problem is it works but when I send the project to Ae the track matte or solid that suppose to track the screen is not there everything else is as expected. Now after some reading I heard that the effectors "could" cause issues with the plane not being exported to Ae. So I did a test without the effectors and cloner and YES it did export normally with the plane tracking effector for the video.

Now I guess is there anyway to get this to work originally with the MoGraph cloner etc? I like the spring effects with the animation to the TV etc... and are not proficient enough to manually perform this effect. I heard of "baking" and such the animations but not sure where to put the tags or how to perform it correctly. Even if that is an option.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: MoGraph and Ae Exporting
on Jul 6, 2016 at 3:55:29 pm

First, make sure the external compositing tag is on the cloner and not the object being cloned. Then check the tag's "children" and "Cache" boxes. You'll get an extra solid for the cloner in AE but you can just delete that.

If that doesn't work, trying caching the cloner object with a mograph>cache tag.

Return to posts index

Tony Lengyel
on Jul 6, 2016 at 4:27:03 pm

I did have the external composting tag on the plane not on the cloner. That could be the issue I will try an example like that this morning. Thanks for the response. I didn't try that option yet... doh!

Tony

Return to posts index

Tony Lengyel
on Jul 7, 2016 at 4:51:26 pm

I found this video : on this very problem and this guy does a good job on what is happening and why you need to do what you need to do to make this work. Hope it helps someone like myself a beginner amazed and frustrated sometimes but it's all worth it as I am getting better everyday.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jul 7, 2016 at 11:11:25 pm

What I'd add to the tutorial is that instead of just creating nulls, you can use the external comp tag to generate actual AE solids of the exact size and orientation you need. Just check the "create solid" box and set the solid size to the same size as the plane (in centimeters).

Return to posts index

Tony Lengyel
on Jul 20, 2016 at 9:58:09 pm

Did this and it works great. Thanks so much appreciate your time to answer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]