MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Hair Render/Calculation for later animation frames?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim ViningHair Render/Calculation for later animation frames?
by on Jul 4, 2016 at 8:21:11 pm

I have a long animated scene with a lot of hair that I want to shoot from multiple angles. When I render a later range of frames, like frames 1000-1500, for example, it seems like C4D is calculating the hair movement from frames 0-999 before it will start rendering frame 1000. Is there a way to have C4D start the hair calculation at frame 1000 without having it calculate 0-999? In the past, I have deleted frames 0-999 and moved all the frames over to 0, but this is pretty cumbersome. Any advice welcome!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Hair Render/Calculation for later animation frames?
by on Jul 4, 2016 at 8:36:12 pm

you can Cache the Hair and it shouldn't have to recalculate all the initial frames

Return to posts index

Tim ViningRe: Hair Render/Calculation for later animation frames?
by on Jul 4, 2016 at 10:43:56 pm

Okay, thanks! Do you know if caching and then rendering is supposed to be faster overall than just rendering, or is it the same, since you're still calculating then rendering?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Hair Render/Calculation for later animation frames?
by on Jul 5, 2016 at 3:33:37 am

hair from frame to frame doesn't take that long (unless you have a *lot* of it) Caching should take care of your problem of rendering a thousand frames in though as that does take an appreciable amount of time. It also allows you to scrub back and forth in the timeline and see what the hair is actually going to do.

Return to posts index

Tim ViningRe: Hair Render/Calculation for later animation frames?
by on Jul 5, 2016 at 9:32:27 am

Okay, thanks! (Unfortunately, I do have a lot of hair in this scene, but I'll give this a try!)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]