MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

[Beginner] Modeling - Connecting / Joining

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Niklāvs Zunde
[Beginner] Modeling - Connecting / Joining
on Jul 4, 2016 at 5:06:48 pm

Hello,

Could someone please help me out with this, what would be the best way to join or connect these two together so they would
make a sharp edge / corner? or maybe what would be the best way to get the results I am looking for?

Image Below.
Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: [Beginner] Modeling - Connecting / Joining
on Jul 4, 2016 at 8:21:31 pm

a couple ways, the easiest is assuming you are sweeping that profile along a spline, just sweep along one spline to make both sides and the corner is automatic.
If those are two pieces of geometry now, lengthen them so they intersect each other and use Boole to cut the shape of each into the other, then trim the extra bits. I can do some quick images if you need to do that.

Return to posts index

Niklāvs Zunde
on Jul 6, 2016 at 2:25:55 pm

Thank you very much for you response and help, I will try out the options that you suggested and see how it works out,
but for now I did a 45° cut with "Knife Tool", adjusted the position and then used "Weld" to stitch them together and it
worked pretty good, but I guess it's not the most efficient way in terms of speed.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jul 6, 2016 at 2:30:23 pm

the knife at 45° is also a good way. The boole way is nice since everything is aligned already but it's not fast either. The quickest way is to Sweep the profile spline, which makes the shape, along a 'base' spline which has the corners in it already.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]