MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Camera Reactive Xref Texture Billboards for Foliage

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hayden MartinCamera Reactive Xref Texture Billboards for Foliage
by on Jun 29, 2016 at 11:43:51 am

As I see game engines optimising things like foliage and particle solutions, I'm inspired to use the same techniques in Cinema 4D.

At the moment I want to fill an environment with foliage but obviously cannot handle the polycount.

Blackstar currently have a plugin for C4D called Xref Shader that allows a seperate scene file to become a texture, but unfortunately the lighting and cameras are locked within that source scene file. Here's a link to the plugin:

Ideally I would like to be able to texture cloned plane objects that are targeted to the camera with Xref textures that adjust the angle of the source scene object according to the master scene's camera.

Initially I did this by cacheing several rotation rotation renders of plants with a normal map multipass, which worked kind of nicely when cloned to a surface and randomised, but lacked flexibility as I had to re-cache all these renders ever time I moved the camera... The idea here is that the Xref texture is fully interactive, displaying a plant with matched perspective and lighting.

My question here is whether there is a solution for this, and / or whether or not there is another plugin that I'm overseeing?

Thanks for your time!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved