MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Beginner problems

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joost bloem
Beginner problems
on Jun 28, 2016 at 12:30:01 pm

Dear Forummers,

I started to use Cinema 4D two days ago and I'm trying to learn it by myself and Youtube tutorials but I have a question about bending a line. See picture. For work i must recreate a 2D object into a 3d object. I have two questions concerning the three vertical lines I have placed on the board.

First question is how do I stop the lines at the grip pad and let it continue after the grip pad again? I hope that you know what I mean.

And my second question is how do I only bend the front part of the lines to match the curve of the front side of the board?

I hope some of you can help me.

Thanks in advance!
Joost

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Beginner problems
on Jun 29, 2016 at 3:34:03 am

you can use Booles to cut the stripe - assuming you want you want the cuts of the stripe to be shaped like the grip use a copy of the grip but increase it's size by a bit (probably)

The bend has Falloff settings so you can get the bend to affect just the part you want.

Return to posts index

joost bloem
on Jun 29, 2016 at 7:57:19 am

Thanks for your respond but its not working... Maybe you can give me some extra advice... I created flat objects of the board in Illustrator than loaded it in in Cinema 4D and to give it the right colors I added a material to it. Now it only 'bends' it as a whole.. Not even bending it, its just shearing. Is it possible to import objects from Illustrator and than bend these or do I need to recreate them in Cinema 4D. I hope not this cosses a lot of extra time

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jun 29, 2016 at 5:21:43 pm

for things to bend they have to have enough subdivision to do it smoothly, probably the caps of your extrudes are just the default settings meaning one poly - one poly can't be bent, only 'twisted' so you need enough polys for the bend to be smooth. In this case the caps of the extrudes need to be 'Regular' and the stripes need to have enough subdivisions along their length to bend.

10244_boolebendtrial.c4d.zip

This is not the way I wold build this probably but it shows what's possible

Return to posts index

joost bloem
on Jun 30, 2016 at 11:39:01 am

You are great! thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]