MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Change Color of Cloned Spotlights

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Bodego
Change Color of Cloned Spotlights
on Jun 26, 2016 at 10:38:36 pm

Hello all, i created a spotlight and cloned it so now i have 6 lights, no problem, i want each light to have a specific color so i headed for the "Randon" Effector and turned color mode on.. However the issue is the colors are random alright but i cant change each color to what i really want. Is there a way to do this without accepting the random colors?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Change Color of Cloned Spotlights
on Jun 27, 2016 at 12:04:29 am

You can put a material on the cloned light with a Mograph Multishader in the Transparency channel - set the Multishader to Index Ratio and use as many colours in there as you have lights

Return to posts index

Joe Bodego
on Jun 27, 2016 at 12:43:08 am

Thank you very much, one more question if you dont mind, how can i rotate each light individually?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jun 27, 2016 at 12:56:36 am

It would be possible with xpresso using the clone index or possibly plain effectors with clone selections but with only 6 lights it might be easier to just have 6 lights... Is there a reason you want them to be clones

Return to posts index

Joe Bodego
on Jun 27, 2016 at 12:59:17 am

I have an animating logo thats a circle spinning, i want the lights to color the logo as it spins

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jun 27, 2016 at 3:45:58 am

will all the lights be targeting the logo? (centered on it?)

Return to posts index

Joe Bodego
on Jun 27, 2016 at 4:02:01 am

The logo is a circle with a map in the middle and the company name on the circle, i want to stimulate light rays rotating on the logo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]