MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How do I animate polygons appearing (or disappearing) from an object?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chad demossHow do I animate polygons appearing (or disappearing) from an object?
by on Jun 23, 2016 at 11:52:35 pm

I read that you can animate "visible in render view" for a whole object or you could just animate a texture. The problem i'm having is the a bunch of objects share the same texture and I don't want to duplicate a hundred textures. So I have a selection tag of the polygons that I want to disappear. How do I animate the polygons in the selection tag to disappear after a certain amount of keyframes?

I tried display tag but that made the whole object disappear.
I see under basic properties of the selection tag "visible in render view" but it isn't animatable.
I tried to keyframe the selected polygons and the next frame just deleting the keyframes but it just deleted the polygons over all keyframes

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: How do I animate polygons appearing (or disappearing) from an object?
by on Jun 24, 2016 at 2:16:04 pm

do the poly selections for all the objects disappear at the same time or will it be staggered timing?

Return to posts index

chad demossRe: How do I animate polygons appearing (or disappearing) from an object?
by on Jun 24, 2016 at 4:26:11 pm

Different selection tags of the object need to disappear at different times.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: How do I animate polygons appearing (or disappearing) from an object?
by on Jun 24, 2016 at 4:41:12 pm

the texture tag can be animated. Texture Tag/Tag/Material shows and controls which material is actually being used by the texture tag. Keyframe it and it will fade from one material to another over how may frames you give it.
That's a lot of texture tags by the sound of it though so I don't know if that's a good solution for you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]