MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Anybody tried the plugin with good results

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris CraigAnybody tried the plugin with good results
by on Jun 22, 2016 at 10:13:48 am

Hi guys

I have a model which is being made by someone in Rhino. I have just learned of the plugin for C4D. Is this the best way to transfer the model over to C4D? IF so, is there any settings i need to advise him or if there is a better way, what would that be?

Thanks very much.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Anybody tried the plugin with good results
by on Jun 22, 2016 at 3:04:58 pm

I've had the plugin for a long time and I like it a lot. It's a big time saver if you use Rhino pretty often but I'm not sure I would say it' the best if you're talking about a one-off deal. What it does, basically, is import the Rhino render mesh so you don't have to bother with converting the model to polys manually in Rhino. Because of that, however, you get a mesh that uses whatever settings you've assigned in Rhino>Preferences>Document Properties>Mesh.

So if it's a single model you could avoid buying the plugin and just apply those same (or similar) settings using the Rhino>Mesh>From NURBS Object function. Then you would select the mesh object and use the Rhino export command, saving to .obj or .fbx format for Cinema.

Return to posts index

Chris CraigRe: Anybody tried the plugin with good results
by on Jun 23, 2016 at 2:06:42 am

When you say single model, do you mean like a glass bottle? I have a Microphone object which needs a variety of different textures applied to it.

Once the model is complete, i dont need to change it, so i guess i would not need the plugin again. So if i asked my modeller to save out an obj file with the same mesh settings for Nurbs, I will still get all the control i need to texture individual parts.

Im still new to 3D and learning each day.

Thanks Adam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved