MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

generating and simulating large volume of particles

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ekpeti Chuksgenerating and simulating large volume of particles
by on Jun 20, 2016 at 4:52:37 pm

Hi everyone
Please am working on a project whereby I have to generate large volume of particles thy size of a grain of rice, to fill a large tank, with a hose sucking the particles of and depositing them in another vessel....please I wanna know wish technique will be easier to achieve that with minimal stress on my computer. Thank you

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: generating and simulating large volume of particles
by on Jun 26, 2016 at 5:36:06 am

this is way late but FWIW, minimize the rice grain to the smallest number of polys - use textures to make it appear smooth and with whatever detail you need. Second, cheat. Do not attempt to fill a large tank with something the size of a grain of rice just make it look like you did (unless you have to actually show that - but it's not likely you really have to). It doesn't have to be a full tank of rice (or whatever) to stick a hose into to suck it up only enough actual particles to show the pick up, what's under that can be a filler solid object that is never seen or has a texture on it to look correct if it is seen...

Return to posts index

Ekpeti ChuksRe: generating and simulating large volume of particles
by on Jul 3, 2016 at 8:33:25 am

Tnx a lot....i did something else but I think I will try this method in subsequent projects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]