MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Multi Shader on NON Clone Object

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Bodego
Multi Shader on NON Clone Object
on Jun 19, 2016 at 7:06:46 am

Hello, i know how to do a multi shader on cloned objects, is there a way to do Multi shader on non clone objects. I have some spline text separated into individual letters and would like to shade the type without doing a color for each letter. Your help would be greatly appreciated

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Multi Shader on NON Clone Object
on Jun 19, 2016 at 3:36:42 pm

You can put your extruded text inside a mograph fracture object (set to explode and connect). Put the multishader material on the fracture object and then assign an effector -- like the shader or step effector -- in color mode only to the fracture object. You'll probably have to play with the effector's Min/Max settings to get the distribution you want.

Return to posts index

Joe Bodego
on Jun 19, 2016 at 11:14:22 pm

You lost me here " like the shader or step effector -- in color mode only to the fracture object" Please explain

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jun 19, 2016 at 3:50:56 pm

You can use a Cloner (not the best way probably but just saying...) by putting all the objects into the cloner (Clones set to Iterate - which is the default) and setting the cloner Mode to Linear (or using a spline (cloner in Object mode or Linear with Spline Effector)) to arrange the text out) - spacing is the problem here (the cloner will control the spacing of the letters and it's kind of a pain (but possible) to get the letters exactly where you want them) but the MultiShader set to Index Ratio works like you'd expect.
Putting all the letters in a Fracture object is better for spacing (they stay exactly where you put them) but Index Ratio to control the colours can be a bit of a problem. It works well if you use a Step Effector (with Color Mode set to On) with the Fracture, then use the MultiShader set to Color Brightness.

10210_multishadertest.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Joe Bodego
on Jun 19, 2016 at 11:27:10 pm

Thank you very much, this helps

Return to posts index

Joe Bodego
on Jun 19, 2016 at 11:26:43 pm

After playing around, i figured it out, thanks for pointing me in the right direction, much appreciated

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]