MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

timing and spacing in cinema 4d

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Camacho Guerrerotiming and spacing in cinema 4d
by on Jun 19, 2016 at 1:44:29 am

I have been trying for long a solution to this and I hope someone can help on this.

Timing would be the keyframes and the lenght of our animation. Spacing would be the black dots across the path, showed in Cinema, representing the eases of the animation.

This is all fine when the object moves in a linear fashion. However, if I want a curved path, then I need to change the trajectory in the timeline, changing the spacing (ease) of my animation. And viceversa, change the spacing affects my trajectory, sometimes, I dont want change the trajectory, just the timing.

There are 3 questions then:

- How to modify the spacing with changing the trajectory and viceversa?
- How to draw a curved path with a linear spacing?
- How to select the dots in the perspective view, to change the handles of the object? Do I need three points for this?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: timing and spacing in cinema 4d
by on Jun 20, 2016 at 1:31:09 pm

1. Modify spacing without changing trajectory: the easiest way to do this is to assign a time track to animation.

2. Curved path with linear spacing: easiest way to effect this is to use a spline path with align to spline tag instead of keyframes. Keyframe the align-to-spline's offset parameter using linear interpolation and also set the spline path's Intermediate Points to uniform.

3. Selecting the dots in the viewport: You can only select the keyframe dots (not the smaller interpolated dots). In order to see/change the handles you have to select the keyframes and turn off auto tangents in the attributes manager.

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho GuerreroRe: timing and spacing in cinema 4d
by on Jun 21, 2016 at 10:02:14 am

Hi Adam,

thanks so much for your reply. I was afraid you were going to say that. It is a shame we have to leave the Timeline in order to animate that, it is like using a crutch.

anyway thanks so much for this!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved