Pass PSR from Hierarchy to other Hierarchy

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corrado Carlevaro
Pass PSR from Hierarchy to other Hierarchy
on Jun 10, 2016 at 11:09:36 am

Hi,
I have a Hierarchy of joints passing their positions to points in a spline:
Hierarchy -> Object Index -> Joint.01 (Position)-> (Spline) Point (Point Position)

I want the same Hierarchy to pass PSR to another Hierarchy of Objects:
Hierarchy -> Object Index -> Joint.01 (PSR)-> ........ -> Hierarchy.2 -> Object.01 (PSR)

I don't know how to do that; if I just try to connect Joint.01 Position Output to Object.01 Position Input all the Xpresso becomes yellow. The Hierarchies have same number of objects, the only difference is the 1st is a joint chain, with Down iteration, the 2nd is a normal list, with Next iteration.

Thank you for your help

Corrado

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Pass PSR from Hierarchy to other Hierarchy
on Jun 10, 2016 at 7:24:05 pm

Try using a Character>Retarget tag.

Return to posts index

Corrado Carlevaro
Re: Pass PSR from Hierarchy to other Hierarchy
on Jun 11, 2016 at 3:57:30 pm

Thank you, nice tip, I didn't know Retarget Tag, but it looks like you need the very same hierarchical structure to make it work:
let's say I have a "tentacle" joint chain (nested) and I want a group (list) of spline cross sections in the same global positions of joints to put in a Loft Nurbs and generate the tentacle mesh, can I use the Retarget tag?
I ended up cloning the cross sections on the spline generated by the joint chain (which is the best solution because spline has intermediate points) but, for future use, I wanted to know if it is possible with Hierarchy nodes (they confuses me a bit)

Corrado

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]