MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Vray for C4d 1.9 Camera animation question

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul RijkaardVray for C4d 1.9 Camera animation question
by on Jun 9, 2016 at 6:41:39 pm

Hi all

I am new to vray and struggling to understand why my render time has gone up 7 times since I baked the GI, is this normal???

The shot is 1,500 frames. it involves a very slow move into a group of objects in a room. only camera moves.

I started the scene simply using the GI presets - I chose "01F: special camera IRR+LC" during scene setup the shot was taking approx 8 mins per frame at 1080p. I rendered 60 frames, but there was a slight flicker in the shadow areas.

I then followed Stefan's tutorial which may have been based on an earlier version of vray (I am using 1.9)
This basically says (bake LC and then bake IR and then render)

I baked the GI, then started to render a few frames, but the render time has now lengthened to 58 mins per frame. I have only rendered a couple of frames so far, I can't see any flicker, but would need more frames to make a judgement ...

Am I doing something wrong?? why is the render time so massive? I feel like I could render more quickly using 2 passes of brute force (although can't test it yet as computer is processing the other). Should I try this?

I understand that I need to be patient when rendering GI, but this seems to go against the argument that Vray is a much quicker physical renderer than ... the others.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved