MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Baking mograph and thinking particles

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael GoldbergBaking mograph and thinking particles
by on May 25, 2016 at 1:22:09 pm

Hi all,
There's been an issue that I haven't been able to resolve for a while.
I have a simple setup - Thinking particles being emitted with the surface Emitter preset. It follows a path to another object. All is fine. I then have a cloner set to object with the TP as the object. All is fine. I can cache that cloner for rendering etc.
The problem - I can't seem to bake this animation to a mesh for sending to another program. In this case, I need it to go to Unity, which will only take PLA at this moment. I haven't found a method that works for this.

Nitrobake - I haven't been able to get nitrobake to work in v17
Steadybake - although steady bake works great for cloner objects, it doesn't seem to work when thinking particles is involved.
I tried exporting as alembic, and then baking that, but again doesn't seem to work. Any ideas on this one?
10119_testbake.c4d.zip

Mike

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Baking mograph and thinking particles
by on May 25, 2016 at 6:38:31 pm

I don't have any problem with Nitrobake in R17. Maybe you don't have the latest version? Anyway, I was able to bake your file. It took a looong time. Key is that you have to turn off render instances in the cloner. You may be able to use SteadyBake once you turn that off.

Return to posts index

Michael GoldbergRe: Baking mograph and thinking particles
by on May 25, 2016 at 11:28:29 pm

Thanks Adam,
Yes, I tried steady bake with render instances off, didn't work.
I coulndn't get Nitrobake to work in V17, we asked for an updated license key, but never got one. It's possible Lazaros is busy, or who knows. My v16 key doesn't work in 17. Oh well, thanks for trying.

Mike

Return to posts index

Michael GoldbergRe: Baking mograph and thinking particles
by on Jun 1, 2016 at 3:32:40 pm

Yep, Got a new nitrobake key for V17, and it seems to be working.
Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]