MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to hide hair from camera?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sorawit Songsataya
How to hide hair from camera?
on May 19, 2016 at 6:51:03 pm

i want my animated girl model to be seen only as a reflection in the mirror without the camera seeing her body and hair infront of the mirror.

I've tried compositing tag and un-ticked 'seen by camera' but it only works with the girl body...the camera still see her hair hanging in the air....

how do i hide the hair but still keep its reflection in the mirror ???

please help me please !!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: How to hide hair from camera?
on May 19, 2016 at 7:49:31 pm

if you render the hair as geometry (Hair/Generate tab) that can be hidden with a Compositing tag. You'd have to re-texture the hair... don't know any other way as Hair is it's own renderer... (but would be welcome to hear if it's possible)

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on May 19, 2016 at 8:20:13 pm

interesting. I changed hair to Flat to check the compositing tag then was testing the quality of reflected hair in the mirror and changed it back to "None" (normal hair) and now it still obeys the Compositing tag and reflects but isn't seen by camera... don't know if that's reliable

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on May 19, 2016 at 8:30:58 pm

ah, that was in Physical render in Standard the hair is visible again

Return to posts index

Sorawit Songsataya
on May 20, 2016 at 3:06:17 pm

hmm ...thanks so much.. yeah i tried that too and it slows down my computer a lot. not sure how to re-texture the hair either :/

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on May 20, 2016 at 5:59:29 pm

yeah, slower as geometry definitely - quickest would be Flat if that look works for you. Try Physical render (if you have it) as it works with that as well, perhaps just as slow but no problems re-texturing. If you don't it's not impossible (though I haven't done it with hair - more with grass) - Specular has to be right, otherwise it would just be a matter of testing

Return to posts index

Sorawit Songsataya
on May 21, 2016 at 1:59:41 am

Thank you so much for your replies

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]