MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Garbled objects on R17

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David CabestanyGarbled objects on R17
by on May 18, 2016 at 3:09:32 pm

Hello all,

It happened twice already on a large complex model I'm animating that by doing seemingly harmless things will corrupt the polygons on the model, effectively ruining several hours of work.

The first time I have no idea what caused it, I suspect a pose morph tag, but it didn't even show on the editor, I only realized it when I rendered the view port and by then it was too late to undo.

The second time, I selected several polygons and converted them into a an xRef, I opened the new document created document and when I returned to the main file everything related to that new xRef looked garbled. I was able to undo and redid the xREf; this time it worked ok. Then I added a cube just for the sake of testing if it was refreshing accordingly and everything worked ok until I deleted the cube from the scene, where everything got garbled and changed position once I reloaded.

It looks more like a bug than a byproduct of a wrong workflow to me. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm using R17 freshly purchased by my friend 2 days ago, all the updates installed, running on a MacPro with 64gb ram and two AMD FirePro D700 graphics cards.

Return to posts index

David CabestanyRe: Garbled objects on R17
by on May 19, 2016 at 2:29:06 pm

No one?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Garbled objects on R17
by on May 19, 2016 at 2:30:09 pm

never have seen it or even heard of it before. Try contacting Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved